Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Change IS Good...

I have decided a long time I go to agree with whoever it was that said this: the only thing that remains constant in this life is change. And I am, have always been, one who manages change real well... most of the time. Well, only one change I am not managing very well is that which comes in the middle of every woman's lifespan, but I shall save that for a different blogsite.

Anyways, change is the subject matter. Apparently, there were a handful of people who were not entirely happy with the sudden change in last weekend's line-up and, because of that, we're doing it again! Just to spite them!! Hahaha. No. Seriously though... due to unfortunate circumstances, our scheduled act for this weekend had dropped out of the line-up with barely a week to find a new band & a new singer! My brain was going, "Houston we have a problem"! I shall not expound on the whys & wherefores of the dropout as my blood pressure is almost back to normal now.

Suffice to say, the show is going on and we are proud to bring to The Room the new breed of "jazzers" who will, hopefully, be carrying the jazz torch up high long after my blood pressure refuses to cooperate.

Giant Timeline is made up of Wei Li Cheah on piano, Daniel Foong on bass, Steve Rivers on drums, Faz on guitar & a vocalist who's voice, style & stage presence have not gone unnoticed.... Elvira.

These young 'uns are products of natural talent, drive & hardwork. Come out & listen to them. Spur them on to greater heights as they take on this beautiful journey onwards to Jazz Land.

See you at The Top!!!



No comments: