Thursday, July 19, 2007

Changes, Changes, Changes!!!

And there I was, happy as a pup & content by the fact that I had finalized my July calendar and posted out earlier in the month as an easy reference guide for all the weekend performances lined-up. Ahh.... for once I could go in peace to Singapore looking forward to a few days of absolute rest and relaxation... well, work too but glamming it up at night & swinging & winging my way through three sets a night was really playtime.

So to be waken up on Friday at barely 9 a.m. to the unpleasant drilling & hammering by the most inconsiderate tenant I've ever had the misfortune of living underneath from was, well, enough to make me want to break one of the 10 Commandments! There went my sleep, my day and my ears! It went on for a good part of the day too. And the same time too on Saturday.

Anyway, I can hear you going, "ok... where's this heading?" Well, if you must ask, I had to endure some more drilling & hammering in my head when Ida Mariana sms'd to say she couldn't do Top Room on Saturday as "some family [in-law] thingamajig cropped up... and also possibly Friday"! Err... "but that's like 3 days away!", I tell her, followed by an unhappy smiley.

To cut a long story short, she said she would do the Friday gig but Saturday was out. Thank God Hard Drivin' Mama taxied back into KLIA yesterday and like Spidey, saved the day! I owe you biiig time!

So there you have it...is swinging into Top Room once more, not with one luscious songbird but two.



Somehow, things always work out for the better. Now all I have to hope for is that Phua Chu Kang upstairs has jammed his drill & his hammer head's dropped off so that I can sleep some this weekend.

Oh, don't forget to pop by on Sunday for the jam session from 6 to 9 p.m. See you at The Top!!!

No comments: