Thursday, November 23, 2006

Let's be Thankful For Jazz!

You got that right!

Jazz.

The most wonderful blessing the music world has ever been given!

Jazz.

Much unappreciated and much misunderstood by a generation that's steeped in pop culture.

Jazz.

Much maligned and abused by others who do not know the sanctity of the word.

Sigh..

Anyway, since Thanksgiving is but three days away, I figured I'd take some time to dwell on all that I have to be thankful for. I have heaps of 'em. Thank God for life, love, family, good health, peace, friends and the gift of music... jazz. And what better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than with music!

The Top Room Jazz Jam salutes Thanksgiving this Sunday!

It used to start at around 4 pm. Then it was 4:30. Then it became 5 cos it took that long for people to turn up. Then sometimes it was 5:30 cos people came later still. Now I've stopped trying to figure it out. I just turn up.

You should too.

The Top Room. Number 7 Jalan Kia Peng, KL.

No comments: