Saturday, May 27, 2006

Top Room Closing?!?! No way!

On Thursday, I was inundated with text messages and phone calls asking whether our favourite jazz room had gone belly up! That was really news to me as I had just finalized a wonderfully exciting calendar for June.

Apparently, a leading daily had printed the KL Hardbop Band as the "last act" at The Top Room! For the month of May, yes, but not quite as final as the promo in the entertainment listing inadvertently misrepresented. I'm sure they meant no malice.

Anyway, last night the room was bop-bop-bopping to the fiery and intense sounds of David, Julian, Eddie, Charles & Joe! If you decided to skip coming cause of the rain, like a horde of other folks who endured hours of traffic, then you MUST come out tonight, rain or moonshine, because this is one performance you just can't miss!

Thought I'd post some pics.


The Meanie Boppers



Mr. G's light is shining real bright!



Our special guest on bass, Joe and that dynamic duo of Julian & Eddie on horns



Charles, back after a month-long break in jolly ol' England



WTF, you say??? That's moi, Jazzmamma, under the piano. No, I was not doing anything inappropriate with the pianist, shame on you for thinking!!! Just thought I'd take one shot at creativity. Oh well, one can't be faulted for trying.



So folks, I've said it once and I say it again..... COME TONIGHT and get boppin' with us at THE ONLY REAL JAZZ CLUB IN TOWN THAT'S-NOT-ABOUT-TO-CLOSE-NO-MATTER-WHAT-GETS-PRINTED-IN-THE-PAPERS- UNLESS-YOU-HEAR-IT-STRAIGHT-FROM-US.

Long Live Jazz!

No comments: